(the following resource is an affiliate resource so I may receive a small commission on any purchase you make, but this is at no extra charge to you. I use affiliates on select products I use myself in order to help pay for this site)
One of the amazing resources I’ve come across and have thoroughly enjoyed use of are the photo collections from BiblePlaces. Even though I have numerous photos from my own trips to Israel, I’ve just not seen a better collection of photos than those they have assembled and made available. Plus, the work of explaining the location and sorting it appropriately has already been done, so it is a win-win for me. I can use these images for teaching, or I can use them for my own study purposes to give me a contextual feel for the location.
Photo Companion to the Bible
More than 10,000 images illustrating Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John with modern and historic photographs of ancient sites, museum artifacts, and cultural scenes. This collection illustrates the text verse by verse!
The Photo Companion to the Bible is a unique collection of digital photographs that illustrates the biblical text verse by verse.
- PowerPoint-based resource
- Library of images provides broad selection
- Created by team of professors and scholars
- Organized by chapter and verse
- Each chapter is illustrated by 40–230 photographs
ISRAEL COLLECTION (Volumes 1-5)
- New aerial photographs of Galilee and Jerusalem
- Detailed markings of routes that Jesus traveled
- Annotations explaining image selection and background
- Immediate download plus DVD
- Free lifetime updates
- Generous copyright permissions
- Satisfaction guaranteed
- Individual Volumes of the Gospels: $89-99 – Sale: $79-89.
- The Four Gospels: $299 – Sale: $169
- Complete Set: Gospels, Ruth, Psalm 23: $369 – Sale: $189
- Israel Collection Volumes 1-5: $149